Map & Directions
Directions to the Dust Road
- Take N1 from CTICC in Cape Town towards Paarl 79.8 km (You can go via Wellington to avoid the Toll Gate)
- Turn right onto Old N1 Rd/R101 (signs for Rawsonville) 7.3 km
- Turn left onto Goudini Way 4.3 km
- Turn right onto Goudiniweg 5.0 km
- Turn left onto Michell’s Pass/R43 29.1 km
- Turn right onto Michell’s Pass/R46
- Continue to follow R46 For 49.5 km through Ceres (Spar Ceres is 96.2km from POD 1) and continue straight onto R355 (becomes dirt Road)
- (You will now be 55.3km from POD 1)
Directions to POD 1 (From start of dust road)
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WORKABLE SPARE TYRE, TYRE IRON AND JACK.
The dirt roads accommodate city vehicles BUT….. THERE ARE NO MORE COMMS OR TIRES, TIRES, TIRES!!
Do not travel faster than 80km/h on dirt roads and avoid travelling in the dark.
Please Follow Map & Directions Below:
- Travel on dirt Road for 5.9 km
(no comms on the dirt)
- Turn first right onto R356 Toward Southerland.
(51.3 km from POD 1)
- Travel 7.2km and bare left towards Southerland
(44.1 km from POD 1)
- Travel for 25 km along this road.
- Cross Doring River (32.3 km from POD 1)
- And another few rivers crossings
(24,7 km from POD 1)
There’s no water. It’s a desert!
- Turn Right at Place of Dreams sign, opposite from Karrekolk Farm entrance which is on the left.
(19.2 km from POD 1)
- Travel on Farm servitude road for 5.5 km to Hoekdoorn Farm Out Buildings.
(13.8 km from POD 1)
- Turn left at the Farm between the sheds and worker’s cottages and go through gate.
- Follow Dirt Road past Camp Deliverance on the left.
(6.3 km from POD 1)
- Pass Workers Village on the left.
(2 km from POD 1)
Only the main gate should be locked.
Please leave all farm gates as you find them – if open leave it open…. if closed, close it again.
Leave everything as you found it.
ENJOY YOUR STAY.
DON’T BE KAK, BE LEKKA.
THIS IS A LEAVE NO TRACE SPACE.
PARTICIPATE AS IF IN YOUR OWN HOME.
WELCOME TO POD!