The farm is situated mostly outside of cell phone range. We wish to keep it that way so that POD remains an immersive
experience, without outside intrusion.
There is an area on the farm that you can drive to, to make phone calls and connect to the free WIFI available, to receive
email and messages. See map.
THIS IS A LEAVE NO TRACE SPACE
Please do not leave any litter around, please pick up after yourself and others, making sure all matter out of place does not
fly with the wind and is placed in a bin.
We ask that special care be taken with cigarette and rollie butts which do not degrade in the landscape.
Please take all rubbish home with you when you leave POD.
PARTICIPATE AS IF YOU WERE IN YOUR OWN HOME
There is solar power servicing the communal living areas.
Please do not use electrical appliances with an element eg. electric kettles, hairdryers, machines etc.
There are hot showers available, but please be respectful of your usage of water and gas.
There are limited freezers and fridges available.
The POD has braai facilities, a scullery area, laundry and kitchen with 2 large gas stoves.
SOME TIPS –
Freeze what you can before leaving your home.
Wrap items in old newspapers to keep cold or frozen for longer.
Separate your drinks and food in separate cooler boxes limiting the time that your food cooler remains open.
PLEASE CLEAN AS YOU USE – IT IS A COMMUNAL SPACE
NO PET ANIMALS TO BE BROUGHT TO POD
WHAT TO BRING –
- Please bring all food and beverages you wish to consume during your stay.
- Breakfast Lunch Supper
- Please bring a cooler box to store your food similar to any camping trip.
- Please bring cooking and eating utensils
- Tea and Coffee
- Cool drinks and Alcoholic beverages-bring sufficient for your stay
- Water (the water at POD is drinkable, but sometimes tastes of sulphur
Please bring full camping equipment
- Your camping gear (tents and shade structure and mattresses)
- Camping chairs
- Head torch with spare batteries for it
- Toiletries (Please use biodegradable soap and shampoos)
- SINGLE PLY Toilet paper
- Personal medication and medical kit
- Wide Brim sun hat
- Sunscreen 50 plus
- Swimming costume and towel
- Bath Towel
- Seasonally appropriate clothing – temperatures can be very extreme in the Karoo
Winter- early morning and evenings can be very cold, the following are advised-
Warm Jacket, Beanie, Warm boots, Gloves and scarves.
BRAAI WOOD – please bring as much as you can, wood is always valued and needed at POD
FOR ADDED ENJOYMENT
Hiking shoes, Running shoes, Games, Your own music and DJ set up, Bicycle, your most fabulous gear
THERE IS A CHANNEL MIXER AND SPEAKERS AT POD.
WHEN LARGE EVENTS ARE HELD AT POD NO DRIVING IN OWN VEHICLES will be permitted on the farm roads.
For events bring a bike if you want independence or wait for farm or event transport services to take you between the Canyon ampitheatre and the POD’s
WALKING DISTANCES BETWEEN THE CANYON AND THE POD ACCOMMODATION CAMPS
- Starting in Canyon – 0 km
- Turnoff POD 1 – 600 m
- Turnoff POD 2 – 1,6 km
- Turnoff POD 3 – 2,4 km
- Cellular coms – 3,3 km